Belfast & Lisburn Women’s Aid provides confidential support, information and emergency accommodation for women and children affected by domestic violence.
Our Mission Statement
- To provide safety and support for women and children who experience domestic violence.
- To work for and with women and children to ensure their voices are heard and their needs are met.
- To challenge attitudes and beliefs that perpetuate domestic violence as a form of violence against women.
Self-help and mutual support for women, by women, with women
Our Core Aims
- To provide temporary refuge for women and their children suffering mental, physical, financial or sexual abuse in the home.
- To offer support and advice to any woman who asks for it, whether or not she is living in a refuge and offer supportive aftercare to women leaving the refuge.
- To encourage the woman to take control of her own future, whether this involves returning home or beginning an independent life.
- To meet the needs of children and young people affected by domestic violence.
- To educate and inform the public, the media, the courts and statutory and voluntary agencies, always mindful of the fact that abused women are a direct result of the general position of women in our society.
To end domestic violence in society and establish a future where domestic violence is unacceptable and women and children are safe in their homes.